Our guidance on preparing a portfolio is simple:
- We will be more interested in process than so-called final pieces.
- Include evidence of your ability to experiment and to reflect on results; do not be afraid to include failed experiments, so long as you can talk about why you regard them as failures and what you did next.
- Include drawings.
- Include sketchbooks.
- If you have experience of photography, include evidence of it.
- If you have worked with digital media, include evidence.
- Remember that we will only look at your portfolio with you present, and it will be the basis of the conversation we have with you, so only include things that you feel able to talk about.